A list of happenings around Langley:
Listed below are Whidbey Island community events for the month of October. Organizers have provided us with the details listed below. If you need anymore information regarding any of these events, please call our front desk staff at: 360.221.3033.
Langley’s premier Live Arts venue February:
The Clyde Theater
As an inn guest we provide complimentary movies tickets to the Clyde. A true island experience
Vintage pinball and video games, as well as live music
- All shows are from 7-9 p.m. Due to limited space, reservations are always recommended: 360-221-7131.
- Greg Beck Quartet, Friday, March 2, 7 p.m. $10.
- Dmitri Matheny & Milo Peterson, Saturday, March 3, 7 p.m. $10.
- Trio Nouveau Quartet, Friday, March 9, 7 p.m. $10.
- Amigos Nobles, Saturday, March 10, 7 p.m. $10
- Comedy Night w/ Melissa Shoshoni & Andrew Rivers, Friday, March 16, 7 p.m.
- Nick Mardon Blues Trio, Saturday, March 17, 7 p.m. $10.
- Island Jazz Collective, Friday, March 23, 7 p.m.
- Kareem Kandi Band, Saturday, March 24, 7 p.m. $10.
- Joann Quintana Band, Friday, March 30, 7 p.m. $10.
- Sheri Roberts Greimes, Saturday, March 31, 7 p.m. $10.
First Saturday Art Walk
Langley galleries stay open Saturday, March 3 from 5 to 7 p.m. to open their new March shows.
- Brackenwood Gallery celebrates “One Last Hurrah” with its fine gallery artists before closing its doors for good at the end of the month.
- Museo presents photographs by Skip Smith and Anne Hirondelle’s sculptures in clay, as well as mixed media works.
- Rob Schouten Gallery offers Etchings: Intaglio prints by Anne Belov, Buffy Cribbs, Bruce Morrow and Rob Schouten.
- Studio 106 is trying to hurry spring along! Faye is off searching for the sun and warmth in Mexico. She found it and is merrily sketching away! Ginny is looking for the return of birdsong to her garden.Gary is ready to get out on a boat on the sparkling open water. Judi is still watching the bunnies frolicking.
- Whidbey Art Gallery‘s March guest artist is Joshua Spiegler, a creative landscape photographer. Wire artist Shirley Wilson is WAG’s March featured artist.
- WICA participates in the First Saturday Art Walk by presenting C.R.A.P. (Creative Recycled Art projects) in the Lasher Gallery and Zech Hall.
Bunny Daze — March 31 at Boy & Dog Park
There’s bunnies in Langley having a hopping good time, so grab your ears and join in the celebration of Bunny Daze! It’s a Wascally Wabbit Hunt on Saturday, March 31st at 11am, starting at Boy & Dog Park.
Hear the Mayor’s proclamation, watch the arrival of a special bunny guest with treats for kids and adults, then hunt for gently loved stuffed bunnies. They are hidden outside all over town and ready for boys & girls to take home.
Shop Hop all week in town for creative bunny gifts, from sculpture, paintings, posters, and blown glass, to chocolates, t-shirts, trinkets and bunny ears, just in time for Easter.